Please Note: We do NOT provide tours of the Anthropology Research Facility (The Body Farm).
One of the primary missions of the FAC is to provide outreach for the public, including grade schools, civic groups, science‐based college clubs and classes. We provide age‐appropriate presentations that convey scientific information in a professional, accessible, and memorable manner without sensationalism. Presentations on‐site at the William M. Bass Building will be offered only on certain days and times of the week. If your group wishes to come to UT, our graduate and undergraduate students will provide an enriching presentation at our Bass Building which has a maximum capacity of 35 persons (including chaperones); minimum audience of 12 individuals.
The presentation consists of two parts. First, an oral presentation is provided covering history and methods of the discipline (e.g., identification techniques, decomposition and time since death, skeletal anatomy, pathology and trauma, the FAC Body Donation Program and related research). Next, a set of skeletons will be set out for attendees to examine the bones and apply their new found knowledge. Presentations are typically 60‐75 minutes. Absolutely no photographs may be taken of the bones or containers. NO TOURS of the lab or the outdoor facility (The Body Farm) are offered.
- There is no fee for these presentations
- Parking at the Bass Building is severely limited. While mas transportation must be arranged and coordinated, a bus cannot enter our gates nor park in our lot, nor can we accommodate multiple cars.
- For FALL 2018, we will offer presentations on specific dates at set times. These are listed below and are available on a first come, first serve basis. Please realize that a date may appear but it might already be assigned to a visiting group. We will remove dates as they are selected.
- Our program will begin Tuesday September 11 and run through Friday November 16. Due to academic and research commitments these are the only openings for the semester. We cannot offer Monday programs.
- Complete this form and identify your first and second choice of dates and times.
- Please submit completed form to Dr. Joanne Devlin at email@example.com; or contact her with questions