Check Back for Spring 2018 Dates! All Fall dates are full!
Please Note: We do NOT provide tours of the Anthropology Research Facility.
One of the primary missions of the FAC is to promote outreach among the public, including grade schools, civic groups, science-based college clubs and college classes. We provide high quality, age-appropriate presentations that convey scientific information in a professional, accessible and memorable manner without sensationalism. Please note that presentations on-site at the William M. Bass Building will be offered only on certain days and times of the week.
If your group wishes to come to UT, our graduate and undergraduate students provide an enriching presentation at our Bass Building. Our classroom comfortably seats 35 persons (including students and chaperones) so groups are limited to that size. We have a minimum audience size of 12 individuals. The presentation typically consists of two parts. First, an oral presentation will be provided based on an agreed upon topic (e.g., forensic anthropology and identification techniques, decomposition and time since death, skeletal anatomy, pathology and trauma, or the FAC Body Donation Program and related research). Next, a set of skeletal stations will be available throughout the classroom for participants to apply their new knowledge. Presentations are typically 60-75 minutes.
- There is no fee for these presentations
- Parking at the Bass Building is severely limited so a school bus or other mode of mass transportation must be arranged and coordinated. We cannot accommodate multiple cars or parents dropping off students. Our lot is not open for a bus to unload or to wait.
- For FALL 2017, we will offer presentations on specific dates at set times. These are listed below and are available on a first come, first serve basis. Please realize that a date may appear but it might already be assigned to a visiting group. We will remove dates as they are selected.
- Our program will begin Tuesday September 26 through Friday November 17, 2017. We cannot offer presentations October 3 through October 6. No programs are offered on Mondays during this semester.
- Complete this form and identify your first and second choice of dates and times.
- Please submit completed form to Dr. Joanne Devlin at email@example.com; or contact her with questions
- Available FALL 2017 program dates: SOLD OUT!! Please check back in January for our Spring dates!
- For groups with audiences larger than 35 individuals, the following dates are available: